St George

For times of worship please refer to the homepage

Post Code: CF5 6ER

OS Reference: ST 10469 76620

The church is unusual being cruciform in plan with the tower at the crossing. A church was first recorded on this site in 1254. The nave is probably the oldest part of the building, the remainder being 14th century. The organ is possibly the smallest chamber organ in the diocese and dates from 1830. It was a gift from the head of the Treharne family at that time. Another interesting feature is the painted wooden altar front depicting St George slaying the dragon.